I am an Extroverted Lifelong Learning Tree Hugger

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm an
Extroverted Lifelong Learning Tree Hugger

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Staying Sane

It's been a month, and I’ve made no progress on my space in the cyber world. That’s cause I’ve been busy trying to scrape out an existence here.

Work’s been a killer, but that’s how it goes. As every seasoned advertising professional gets to know sooner or later, advertising is indeed 99.9% perspiration and 0.1% inspiration. Though there are days, when you doubt the numbers. Is it really 0.1%, and not less?

A junior, budding fellow in the office last week was doubting his career choice. Doesn’t give him the same kick and pounding feeling inside as he had hoped he would get.

Was he echoing what I’ve been too scared to face myself? Something’s missing. Some spark that would push me, without fail, to get to work every single day. Off late, it’s an effort getting out of bed even.

So what did I do? I sat down the guy on the bright sofa in the office reception, and gave myself a pep talk. Don’t give up. Every moment of disheartenment, every rejection, every re-work will eventually get vindicated by that one job that is sufficient for you to get the kick of your life.

Think, not that tomorrow is another day, but that today will be better. It’s another opportunity to work upon and perhaps, just perhaps, get it right this time.

Stay on it. Stay sane.

2 comments:

Puppet said...

Key thing is to keep inspiring yourself each day....Its funny as i write this...because although an optimist....I have been having my doubts about my own optimism.

Puppet said...

This has been happening so lately and is not an inscribed habit.